Negative Calorie Foods For Diet, Weight Loss and Detox
By Damon Marturion
New Business News Staff Writer
There is a way to lose weight 5 lbs in 7 days. Include negative calorie foods in your daily diet. So what are negative calorie foods? Negative calorie foods are so called such because their calorie level is very low that it requires more energy to eat and digest them than how much calorie it has. Negative calorie foods are also known as fat fighting foods or fat burning foods.
Celery is an example of a fat burning food. It takes energy from the body for digestion, because it does not contain enough calories to burn it. Cold water has a negative calorie. In fact, water has no calories at all but when you drink cold water, the body takes more energy to bring it up to body temperature. Everytime we drink a glass of cold water we burn up a little more calories and lose a little weight. But foods like this should be used wisely and should be taken in moderation.
Anorexics are usually attracted to negative calorie foods. If used inappropriately, a negative calorie diet would result in starvation and nutritional deficiencies. The calories used to burn negative calorie foods will be taken from the bodyís muscle mass, and in effect will be really harmful to your health.
You can use a negative calorie diet in a healthy way by fasting or detox. You might even want to start a detox diet after big holidays such as Christmas, New Year or Thanksgiving when you have eaten so many fatty foods. A negative calorie diet is a great way to clean out your bodyís system, and you can do it for three days or so. However, be sure to get your doctorís approval before proceeding with this type of detox diet.
Do remember the following pointers once you decide on a negative calorie detox diet:
1. Do not eat one type of food in huge quantities, most particularly fruits. There are fruits that contain bad substances for your body, so you should not eat them in excess. Such examples are grapefruit and pineapple which can cause damaging effect to your stomach lining. Other foods will cause diarrhea or burden your liver. You should eat different foods in small amounts.
Some examples of fat burning fruits are: Apples, Blueberries, Cantaloupes, Cranberries, Grapefruit, Papayas, Pineapples, Prunes, Raspberries, Strawberries and Tangerines.
2. Do not spend all your day eating. You will become bloated and feel sick. Make at least four or five salad meals every day, and let your digestive system rest in between.
3. Do eat more slowly and chew your food very well. You will burn more calories that way.
Some examples of negative calorie vegetables are: Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery stalk, Celery root, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Endives, Garden cress, Green beans, Green cabbage, Lambís lettuce, Lettuce, Radishes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Turnips and Zucchini.
4. Any kind of detox diet and fasting can may cause some uncomfortable symptoms like headaches, tiredness, depression and irritability. If the symptoms become worse, stop the detox diet and see your doctor right away.
5. Return to a normal diet gradually when you are near the end of your negative calorie detox diet.
Garlic and onions are also examples of fat fighting foods.
Copyright 2002 by New Business News.
All rights reserved.
. . . watch for more stories coming soon